Friday, June 11, 2010

Margaret Cho brings her CHO DEPENDENT Tour 2010 to South Florida!

Drop Dead Diva comedian Margaret Cho is heading back out on the road this summer to promote her celebrity-packed recording ' Cho Dependent'. The new laugh-inducing CD compilation features musicians Ani DiFranco, Tegan and Sara, Patty Griffin, Andrew Bird, Fiona Apple and others. Scheduled release date is August 24, 2010.

“Over the years of being an intense music geek, I got to meet a lot of my heroes and I tricked them all into writing songs with me,” explains Cho. “Most comics want to be rock stars, and most rock stars want to be comics, so it was an easy exchange. There are so many amazing people I got to work with on this album,” Cho continues, “Jon Brion, Fiona Apple, Tegan and Sara, Andrew Bird, Ani DiFranco, Garrison Starr, Meghan Toohey, Brendan Benson, Rachael Yamagata, Carl Newman, Grant Lee Phillips, Patty Griffin, Ben Lee, Kevin Barnes -- I still have to pinch myself!”


You may be wondering – What could Cho possibly hope to accomplish by releasing 'Cho Dependent'? “I want to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and on Elvis Costello's Spectacle so I can talk all serious about my songwriting ‘process’ -- which is basically trying to figure out what rhymes with ‘dick.’”

Margaret Cho will be The Fillmore at the Jackie Gleason Theatre in Miami Beach, Florida on Saturday December 11, 2010.