Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bauhaus' Peter Murphy brings his 2011 Tour to South Florida!

Following his cameo in the movie blockbuster "Twilight: Eclipse" last year, ex-Bauhaus frontman Peter Murphy's new solo album "Ninth" will be released worldwide on June 7th.

His first studio album in five years was recorded in Woodstock, NY with the current live band featuring: guitarist Mark Gemini Thwaite (The Mission/Tricky), drummer Nick Lucero (The Flys/ex Queens of The Stone Age) and bassist Jeff Shartoff (Human Waste Project). It's aptly titled as the 'Ninth' album release for Peter as a solo artist.

Not much is known about the follow-up to 2004's "Unshattered", which Murphy first announced last June (2010), saying (in a news release):
"I have had my 'Ninth' album ready to go for a while now. I've been playing it 'live', alongside Bauhaus classics and my own hits, long before the official release and it's added more stardust to the long shelf life of songs I have under my belt."

Peter Murphy will be at Culture Room in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on Sunday March 27, 2011.