Friday, January 6, 2012

Drake debuts his CLUB PARADISE 2012 Tour in South Florida!

Drake is inviting you to Club Paradise. The Take Care rapper has announced dates for a 2012 headlining tour.

Drake's CLUB PARADISE Tour will kick off on Valentine's Day (the same day fellow Young Money family member Nicki Minaj drops her album “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded”) in Miami before circling 17 cities in North America, with stops in party spots like New Orleans, Austin and San Diego. The tour name pays homage to a track Drizzy dropped back in September 2011.

The tour will visit colleges across the U.S. before wrapping up the North American leg on March 11 in San Diego. Drake will then head to Europe for a string of additional dates, according to Pressparty.

And Drake isn't going at it alone. As previously confirmed, he'll be joined by Hottest Breakthrough MC contenders Kendrick Lamar and A$AP Rocky.

"I spent a lot of time out there in Toronto; that's what this album is about," Drake recently explained. "That's what I'm gonna showcase. It's the same thing with the tour: I wanna bring Kendrick, I wanna bring A$AP, those are guys that I love. It has nothing to do with people on my label," he added. "Tyga's out, Nicki's working on an album and everybody else is doing their thing on the road with Wayne or with Wayne in the studio, so I just sort of showcased the music that I happen to love right now, and those are the two guys that I'm bringing out."

"I fought for this tour, I fought really hard for this tour because, of course, they want me to go get the big bucks, go into the stadiums and cash out," Drake revealed to MTV News in October 2011 about the decision to play more intimate shows. "But I was just like, I really made this album for the same people that supported me since day one."

In addition to a tour, Drake and Rick Ross plan to drop the Y.O.L.O. (You Only Live Once) mixtape. "The music is most definitely official," Ross said. "But, you know, me being a boss, I'm trying to find a way that we could put that on the shelves for the world, baby. But it's most definitely official." The release rides on the heels of Drake's chart-topping Take Care, which dropped in November 2011.

Drake will be at the BankUnited Center in Coral Gables, Florida on Tuesday February 14, 2012.