Monday, April 19, 2010

CELEBRITY APPRENTICE Star and 80's Icon: Cyndi Lauper... heads to South Florida!

With the sold-out start to her spring and summer tour just kicked-off, Cyndi Lauper has filled out the forthcoming slate with a handful of new US stops.

The singer, songwriter and actress got off to a slow start last week when she performed two sold-out West Coast concerts: April 9th in Rancho Mirage, CA, and April 10th in Grande Ronde, OR.

The road trip gets more intense come summer, when the "True Colors" star kicks off the outing June 25th in Morristown, NJ. Since last check, 12 performances have been tacked onto to the schedule, including gigs in Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, Houston and San Diego, among others.

Lauper recently traveled to Memphis to record material for a new studio effort, which she told her followers on Twitter would be a "blues album."

"I came to Memphis to find the roots of the music I've been singing all my life," the singer posted last month on her website.
"I also came to sing with the people who made the music that started me on my path. I don't even know if I'll be good enough to sing with them. But I'm going to try anyway."

The new album, when released, will follow 2008's dance-oriented "Bring Ya to the Brink," which featured guest appearances by Basement Jaxx, The Scumfrog, Digital Dog and Washington, DC-based DJ Richard Morel, who co-produced four of the album's tracks with Lauper.

In addition to her upcoming appearances on the road, Lauper currently can be seen competing in the second season of Donald Trump's CELEBRITY APPRENTICE series on NBC. The singer reportedly plans to pursue her own reality show in the near future.

"I have also signed with Mark Burnett Productions to do a reality show," the flamboyant songstress mentioned in an interview last month with The New York Times.
"It's early days, but I definitely want it to have some comedy. Nobody wants me to be serious, me included."

Cyndi Lauper will be at the Knight Concert Hall at the Arsht Center in downtown Miami, Florida on Tuesday August 3, 2010.